HITCHED 716 WEDDING GIVEAWAY CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALL STATES EXCEPT FOR NEW YORK AND WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
In order for an entrant’s submission (“Submission”) to be considered valid, the entrant must read and agree to these official rules (“Official Rules”), and affirmatively indicate agreement by clicking the “Yes, I agree to the terms and conditions” checkbox located on the Contest Website registration page.
At all times during the Hitched 716 Wedding Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”), entrant must abide by the Official Rules and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations (collectively, “Laws”).
This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no role in the determination of the winner.
- Eligibility. The Contest is open only to legal New York residents who are natural persons of at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry, are not married and who have a valid passport. (An individual entrant who enters a Submission for the Contest is referred to as “Entrant”.) Entrants must be fully able and competent to enter into, abide by, and comply with these Official Rules. Employees of Reeds Jewelers of Niagara Falls, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and any of its parent or affiliate companies and employees of any of the Vendors (as defined below), as well as the immediate family (parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Sponsor will make all eligibility determinations, in its sole discretion. The Contest is subject to all applicable Laws and is void where prohibited.
- Sponsor. Reeds Jewelers of Niagara Falls, Inc., 4001 Maple Road, Amherst, New York 14226.
- Agreement to Official Rules. Contest participation and/or Submission entry constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement that the Entrant has read and consents to be bound by these Official Rules and all Sponsor decisions, which are final and binding in all Contest-related matters. By entering a Submission, each Entrant warrants that his or her Submission complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules. Winning the Grand Prize (as defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
- Timing. The Contest begins November 5, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 25, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. The Contest consists of two (2) rounds of evaluation by qualified judges (the “Judges”) and five (5) total phases, as outlined below:
- Submission. All Submissions must be received by Sponsor within the following time period (“Submission Period”):
- Start Date: November 5, 2017 (at 12:00 a.m. ET).
- End Date: November 28, 2017 (at 11:59 p.m. ET).
- First Judging.The Judges will judge the Video (as defined below) for all valid Submissions received by Sponsor according to the objective criteria described below, within the following time period (“First Judging Period”):
- Start Date: November 29, 2017.
- End Date: December 1, 2017.
- Finalist Submission. The Judges will select the ten (10) Entrants with the highest scoring Video portions of the Submissions (“Finalists”), pursuant to the Judging Criteria (as defined below). The Finalists will be notified of their selection as a Finalist on or around December 4, 2017. All Videos submitted by the Finalists will then be subject to public voting and both the Videos and Essays submitted by the Finalists (such Videos and Essays submitted by Finalists, together, the “Finalist Submission(s)”) will be subject to judging by our Judges as set forth below.
- Finalist Interviews. The Judges will interview the Finalists and their respective significant others pursuant to the Finalist Criteria (as defined below) (the “Finalist Interview(s)”). The Finalist Interviews will be conducted in person at Sponsor’s 4001 Maple Road, Amherst, New York location or as otherwise permitted by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Finalist Interviews will be conducted by the Judges within the following time period (“Interview Period”):
- Start Date: December 4, 2017.
- End Date: December 23, 2017.
- Public Voting. The public may vote for Video portions of Finalist Submissions (pursuant to these Official Rules) within the following time period (“Voting Period”):
- Start Date: December 8, 2017 (at 12:00 a.m. ET).
- End Date: December 25, 2017 (at 11:59 p.m. ET).
- Finalist Judging. The Judges will judge all Finalist Submissions (including both Video and Essay submissions), pursuant to the Finalist Criteria (as defined below) which includes the public voting, within the following time period (“Finalist Judging Period”):
- Start Date: December 26, 2017.
- End Date: December 27, 2017.
- Submission. All Submissions must be received by Sponsor within the following time period (“Submission Period”):
- How to Enter. In the event that any Submission does not meet the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions, or any portion of these Official Rules, the Sponsor will disqualify and discard the Submission either immediately or at any time during the Contest. The following Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions apply:
- Submission Guidelines.
- No Purchase Necessary. Complete a Submission by visiting www.hitched716.com (the “Contest Website”) during the Submission Period and complete all required registration information. No purchase from Sponsor is necessary to enter the Contest.
- A complete Submission must consist of both: (A) a pre-recorded video (the “Video(s)”); and (B) an essay submission (the “Essay(s)”), each following the guidelines and answering the questions below. Submissions that are missing either the Video or Essay submission may be disregarded by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- When all required registration fields are complete, upload a pre-recorded video (no longer than ninety (90) seconds in length)of Entrant and Entrant’s significant other answering the following questions:
- How did you know your significant other was “the one”?
- What would winning the Contest mean to you and your family?
- What are you most looking forward to on your wedding day?
- How are you involved in the Western New York community and what do you love about the Western New York area?
- Entrant must also upload an Essay, no longer than eight hundred (800) characters, describing why the Entrant deserves to win the Contest. This Essay will not be considered in selecting the ten (10) Finalists, however, such Essay will be considered by the Judges in selecting the Contest winner from the Finalists pursuant to the Finalist Criteria (as defined below).
- The Entrant must obtain a signed written release from his/her significant other for the use of his/her name, likeness, video and/or voice in the Submission, or other form of contribution to the Submission, and a signed written release form for all other persons involved in or who contributed to making and/or entering the Submission in any manner. Upon request, Entrant must provide such signed release in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
- Video and Essay Specifications.
- Submission Video files must be submitted in one of the following formats: .avi, .mov, .mpg, .mpeg, .mp4, .wmv.
- No Submission Video file can exceed a file size larger than 100 MB.
- No Submission Video file can exceed ninety (90) seconds in length.
- No Submission Essay can exceed eight hundred (800) characters.
- All Contest Submissions and registration information must be in English.
- Sponsor will not notify Entrants whether or not their Submission has been rejected or accepted.
- The Judging Period consists of two (2) rounds of evaluation. Eligible Submissions will be judged by the Judges during the First Judging Period in order to determine the ten (10) Finalists.
- One potential winner will be selected from the Finalists by the Judges panel using the Finalist Criteria identified below. Finalists will be contacted by Sponsor. The Finalist Submissions will be judged by the Judges pursuant to the Finalist Criteria set forth below (which criteria includes the Finalist Interview and Essay), and the Finalists’ Video Submissions will be voted upon by the public during the Voting Period.
- Content Restrictions.
- Other than as expressly provided in this Section 5(b) the Submission must not infringe upon and must not contain material that violates or infringes any person’s or entity’s intellectual property rights in any way, including, without limitation, any copyrighted material, trademarks, or logos;
- Unless express prior written permission has been obtained, a Submission must not include any individual’s name or likeness (other than Entrant’s own, in whole or in part), refer to public figures, or contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements of any person, living or dead;
- If the Submission contains any material or elements that are not owned by the Entrant and/or are subject to the rights of third parties, the Entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submitting the Submission, any and all releases and consents in writing necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Submission by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules. The Entrant must obtain a signed release from any identifiable person who is seen, heard, or has allowed the use of his/her name, likeness or voice in the Submission, or that has otherwise contributed to the Submission, including the Entrant’s significant other. Upon request, the Entrant must provide such signed release in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
- The Submission must not disparage or defame Sponsor, any of the Released Parties as defined in Section 9, any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest, or any products or services provided by Sponsor;
- The Submission must not feature brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which Entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate into his/her Submission solely for this Contest;
- Each Submission must be the Entrant’s original work, must not have been previously published, and may not have won previous awards. By submitting a Submission, Entrant agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Sponsor in respect of any and all claims, judgments, losses, damages, settlements, expenses, costs and other liabilities and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of any breach by Entrant of any of Entrant’s obligations under the Official Rules;
- The Submission must not, in Sponsor’s sole discretion:
- contain content, words, images, statements or text that is considered offensive to individuals of any age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic group (or other protected class), or disability;
- contain any threats to any person, place, business, group, or entity, or contain unlawful material;
- contain materials or content that promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or that promote discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic group (or other protected class), or disability;
- contain any materials or content that depict illegal acts, are sexually explicit, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, violent, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- contain other inappropriate content which includes, but is not limited to, any display of smoking, alcohol, illegal drugs, firearms, harming of animals, nudity, provocative/suggestive outfits or poses; or
- contain materials or content inconsistent with Sponsor’s reputation and image.
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, or in violation of or contrary to the Laws where the Submission is created.
- Limit. Entrant may enter a Submission to the Contest only one (1) time during the Submission Period. If an Entrant is selected as a Finalist, such Entrant’s original Submission will then be considered as a Finalist Submission. Multiple entries for the Submission Period will not be reviewed. If an Entrant enters multiple entries, only the first entry will be a valid Submission. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void.
- Consent. Entering the Contest and/or uploading a Submission constitutes Entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, fully paid-up, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, all information in any Submission including, without limitation, Entrant’s name, likeness and other information, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate such Submission or information into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or developed in the future, including for promotional, marketing or commercial purposes, as Sponsor may select in its discretion. If requested, Entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Entrant is granting to use the Submission.
- Released Parties. The Released Parties (as defined in Section 9) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions, all of which will be void.
- Submissions Posted. By entering the Contest and/or uploading a Submission, Entrant agrees that his/her Submission may, if the Submission is not void or disqualified and if Entrant is selected as a Finalist by the Judges pursuant to the stated objective criteria, be posted online at the Contest Website, and/or any other website as determined by Sponsor, for visitors to the website(s) to view, comment, and/or vote on.
- Dispute. In the event of a dispute regarding any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register for the Contest will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- Submission Guidelines.
- Winner Determination.
- Judging. The Sponsor has selected a panel of Judges to score and judge the Submissions. The Judges will select the ten (10) Finalists from the Video portion of all of the eligible Submissions based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Strength of relationship and level of dedication between the Entrant and the Entrant’s significant other: thirty-five percent (35%);
- Drama and interest of love story: thirty-five percent (35%);
- Quality of the Video portion of Submission: fifteen percent (15%);
- Fit to Contest theme: fifteen percent (15%).
- Tie. In the event of a tie, the Entrant whose Submission received the highest “Drama and interest of love story” score, as determined by the Judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the Finalist.
- Determination. The Judges’ determination is final.
- Contacting Finalists. During the First Judging Period and after the Finalists have been determined, the Sponsor will contact each Finalist at the phone number provided on the registration. If the Sponsor does not reach the Finalist on the first attempt, the Sponsor will leave a message indicating a call-back time. If the Sponsor does not reach the Finalist on the second attempt, the Sponsor will again leave a message indicating a call-back time. If the Sponsor does not reach the Finalist on the third attempt, the Finalist may be disqualified. The Finalist must agree to allow the Sponsor to record the call; otherwise the Finalist may be disqualified. If a Finalist is disqualified, the Entrant with the next highest scoring Submission will be selected to replace such Finalist.
- After determining the ten (10) Finalists, Sponsor and/or its designated representatives will conduct additional review of all Submissions (then designated as Finalist Submissions) received by the Finalists, including consideration of the Finalists’ Essays.
- Finalist Interview. Upon first contacting each Finalist, Sponsor will have each Finalist and his or her significant other confirm a date for a Finalist Interview with the Judges during the Interview Period. If a Finalist and/or his or her future spouse are unable to conduct a Finalist Interview during the Interview Period for any reason, then such Finalist may be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, in which case a new Finalist will be selected and notified by the Judges.
- Judging Finalists (Voting). Once the Finalist Submissions have been determined, all eligible Videos submitted by the Finalists will be voted upon by the public. During the Voting Period, the Finalists’ Videos will be posted at the Contest Website for public voting. Each person may vote only one (1) time per day during the Voting Period. Multiple votes received from any person exceeding this limit will be void. Finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate manner, which includes, but is not limited to, offering rewards or other incentives to members of the public, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Judging Finalists (Judges and Criteria). Once the Voting Period has concluded, the Judges will evaluate the eligible Finalists Submissions based on the following criteria (“Finalist Criteria”):
- Level of Passion and Excitement for Marriage Demonstrated in Video Submission: thirty percent (30%);
- Entertainment Quality: thirty percent (30%);
- Fit to Contest theme: twenty-percent (20%);
- Finalist Interview and Essay: ten percent (10%);
- Public Appeal, based on the number of votes received by each Finalist’s respective Video during the Voting Period, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion: ten percent (10%).
- Judging. The Sponsor has selected a panel of Judges to score and judge the Submissions. The Judges will select the ten (10) Finalists from the Video portion of all of the eligible Submissions based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove the Public Appeal category from the Finalist Criteria if the voting appears to have been tampered with or manipulated in any way.
- The Judges will select the Finalist with the highest-scoring Finalist Submission from all of the eligible Finalist Submissions as the potential Contest winner.
- In the event of a tie, the Finalist who received the highest “Level of Passion and Excitement for Marriage” score, as determined by the Judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential winner.
- The Judges’ determination is final.
- Winner Verification. The potential winner will be notified by telephone and/or email (“Notice”) on or around December 28, 2017. The potential Contest winner will be contacted by the Sponsor at the phone number provided on the registration. If the Sponsor does not reach the potential winner on the first attempt, the Sponsor will leave a message indicating a call-back time. If the Sponsor does not reach the potential winner on the second attempt, the Sponsor will again leave a message indicating a call-back time. If the Sponsor does not reach the potential winner on the third attempt, the Sponsor will notify the potential winner that they have been selected as the potential winner via the email address provided on the registration. The potential winner must respond to the email notification within ten (10) business days of the email being sent, or the potential winner will be disqualified. The potential winner must agree to allow the Sponsor to record the call; otherwise, the potential winner may be disqualified.
- Except where prohibited, the potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability/Publicity Release, Film and Photo Consent Agreement, and Non-Disparagement and Confidentiality Agreement (collectively, the “Winner’s Agreements”) which must be received by Sponsor within ten (10) business days of the date Notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Winner’s Agreements within the required time period (if applicable), does not comply with these Official Rules, and/or the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner may be disqualified.
- Except where prohibited, the significant other of the potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability/Publicity Release, Film and Photo Consent Agreement, and Non-Disparagement And Confidentiality Agreement (collectively, the “Guest Agreements” and together with the Winner’s Agreements, the “Winner’s Requirements”), which must be received by Sponsor within ten (10) business days of the date Notice or attempted notice is sent, in order for the potential winner to claim the prize. If the significant other of a potential winner fails to sign and return the Guest Agreements within the required time period (if applicable), the potential winner may be disqualified.
- Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of the potential winner before awarding any prize. If the background check reveals any information that, in the Sponsor’s sole judgment, shows the Entrant has engaged in any conduct that would reflect adversely on the Sponsor, the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify the Entrant.
- If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason or forfeits the prize, the prize may be awarded to the Finalist with the next highest score (“Runner-Up”) determined by the Judges in accordance with the Finalist Criteria, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Such Runner-Up will then be deemed the potential winner and will be required to comply with the Winner Requirements of this Section 7 or forfeit the prize. The next eligible Runner-Up may be selected and notified up to nine (9) times, based on the scores determined by the Judges, if the potential winners who received a higher score according to the Finalist Criteria forfeit the prize or are disqualified from the Contest. If all potential winners have been disqualified or have forfeited the prize after the selection of nine (9) Runner-Ups, the prize will remain un-awarded.
- Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission, Finalist Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest and may photograph, film or otherwise capture the winner in connection with his/her acceptance and use of the Grand Prize (as defined below) for promotional, advertising, commercial or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet and television, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, the winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission, Finalist Submission, and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission and Finalist Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known of hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. The winner will indemnify, hold harmless and defend Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
- Prizes. One (1) grand prize (“Grand Prize”) will be awarded in the Contest to the Contest winner. The Grand Prize is a wedding package and a honeymoon trip to follow, pursuant to the details provided below. The Contest winner must accept the Grand Prize in its entirety by December 31, 2017 or the Contest winner forfeits the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize consists only of the following:
- Engagement ring and two wedding bands, provided by Reeds Jewelers of Niagara Falls, Inc.
Approximate retail value of engagement ring is five thousand dollars ($5,000), and approximate retail value of two wedding bands is two thousand dollars ($2,000). The rings will be provided to the Contest winner as a bailment prior to the Contest winner’s wedding, with legal title remaining with Sponsor until the wedding of the Contest winner, pursuant to the details and requirements identified in the Declaration of Compliance. The Contest winner will select the engagement ring and wedding bands from Reeds Jewelers of Niagara Falls, Inc., not to exceed a combined total of seven thousand dollars ($7,000).
- Rehearsal Dinner hosted at the Mansion on Delaware.
Approximate retail value of one-thousand eight hundred and seventy-five dollars ($1,875). The Mansion on Delaware will host a rehearsal dinner for the Contest winner’s wedding, for up to twenty-five (25) people. The Contest winner will be responsible for the cost of all additional guests in excess of twenty-five (25), at a cost of seventy-five dollars ($75.00) per person plus tax.
- Transportation: twenty (20) passenger limousine service and airport transfer for the honeymoon, provided by Buffalo Limousine.
Approximate retail value of one thousand seven-hundred and fifty dollars ($1,750). Buffalo Limousine will provide a twenty (20) passenger limo bus (accommodates fifteen (15) comfortably) for four (4) hours of service on the Contest winner’s wedding day. The limo bus cannot exceed twenty (20) passengers. Transfer to and from the airport for the Contest winner’s honeymoon will be provided by Town Car. Package will also include transportation to and from the Mansion on Delaware for the Contest winner and future spouse for the rehearsal dinner described above. Some restrictions may apply.
- Catered wedding reception for 100 guests at the Buffalo History Museum, provided by Oliver’s Catering.
Approximate retail value of five thousand dollars ($5,000). Availability is limited to Friday, Saturday or Sunday in April or May 2018. Includes a selection of passed hors d’oeuvre and Mediterranean hors d’oeuvre station; sit-down dinner including a salad course, dual entrée (filet mignon and lobster tail, or a variation thereof based on the Contest winner’s preference) and dessert provided by Muscoreils; three (3) hour premium bar, and red and white wine offered during dinner (within standard price ranges); and coffee service. No compensation will be provided if there are fewer than one hundred (100) guests. Contest winner will be responsible for all costs for guests in excess of one hundred (100). Costs for all add-ons and/or upgrades are the Contest winner’s responsibility. Contest winner will be liable for any damage to the venue. Oliver’s Catering shall have no liability for damaged, lost or stolen property, and shall have no liability for bad weather or force majeure events.
- Wedding cake and desserts, including delivery and set-up, will be provided by Muscoreils Fine Desserts and Gourmet Cakes.
Approximate retail value of eight hundred dollars ($800). Muscoreils will provide a wedding cake to serve between one hundred twenty-five (125) and one hundred fifty (150) people, along with pastries and/or cookies, and will provide delivery and set-up of the cake and desserts. Service is not available on holiday weekends. Delivery is not available on Sundays. Delivery is limited to the United States, within a thirty (30) mile radius of Muscoreils Fine Desserts and Gourmet Cakes.
- Dinnerware and Flatware Service for twelve (12), provided by Jenns Decor.
Approximate retail value of nine hundred ninety six dollars ($996). Jenss Decor will provide Ellen DeGeneres dinnerware crafted by Royal Doulton® for twelve (12); Waterford flatware service for twelve (12) (boxed set of sixty five (65) pieces including twelve (12) five piece place settings and five (5) serving pieces); and a five hundred dollar ($500) gift card to Jenss Decor to be used toward purchases on the Contest winner’s bridal registry.
- Wedding flowers, provided by Maureen’s Flowers.
Approximate retail value of two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500). Maureen’s Flowers will provide: One (1) bridal bouquet; five (5) bridesmaids bouquets; one (1) flower girl bouquet; one (1) groom boutonniere; five (5) groomsmen boutonnieres; one (1) ring bearer boutonniere; two (2) father’s boutonnieres; four (4) grandfather’s boutonnieres; two (2) additional boutonnieres; two (2) mother’s corsages; four (4) grandmother’s corsages; (2) additional corsage’s; (2) altar arrangements; twelve (12) pew or chair bows with fresh flower decorations; two (2) arrangements for venue entrance; (2) rental pillars; (1) rental linen aisle runner; (1) place-card table arrangement; fifteen (15) elaborate centerpieces; one (1) large arrangement for a banister; two (2) food table arrangements; six (6) bistro table arrangements; one (1) throwaway bouquet; one (1) topper and loose flowers for the wedding cake; and one (1) head table arrangement.
- Photography package, provided by Christopher Scinta Photography.
Approximate retail value of eight hundred dollars ($800). Service includes a standard eight (8) hour day including a DVD of photography images provided to the Contest winner. The Contest winner can contact Christopher Scinta Photography after the wedding to purchase any additional products.
- Bridal Party Salon Package, provided by Blu Spa & Salon.
Approximate retail value of one thousand seven hundred dollars ($1,700) (including an 18% gratuity). This package must be used exclusively during the week prior to the Contest winner’s wedding. Blue Spa & Salon will provide the Contest winner (or his/her significant other) and seven (7) guests with eight (8) spa manicures and eight (8) spa pedicures. Blue Spa & Salon will provide special occasion hair and make-up application for the Contest winner (or his/her significant other) and seven (7) guests on the Contest winner’s wedding day. All services by Blue Spa & Salon must be scheduled by the Contest winner at least one (1) month in advance. The Contest winner and guests must arrive fifteen (15) minutes prior to each scheduled service time. Prize consists only of the services specifically listed above.
- Honeymoon tropical getaway vacation, provided by The Travel Team, Inc.
Approximate retail value of two thousand dollars ($2,000). The Travel Team, Inc. will provide airfare and a five (5) night hotel stay. All travel is subject to the following restrictions. The honeymoon must be completed by December 15, 2018 or this portion of the Grand Prize will be forfeited and The Travel Team, Inc. will have no further obligation to the Contest winner. The honeymoon is non-transferable by the Contest winner. Airline and hotel reservations are subject to availability. Travel requests must be made a minimum of thirty (30) days in advance. The Travel Team, Inc. and awarding tour operator will try to accommodate requests to the best of their ability. Prize consists of roundtrip economy class airfare from Buffalo, New York for two people, and hotel accommodations and hotel taxes for five (5) nights, double occupancy. Resort fees are not included in the prize package. All personal charges, room service fees, spa, golf and resort activity fees are the responsibility of the Contest winner. Trip is based on availability excluding holidays and peak travel dates (typically seven (7) days before and seven (7) days after). Trip cannot be extended beyond the validity dates. Passport required for travel. For the latest information on U.S. Passports: please visit www.travel.state.gov. The Contest winner and his/her significant other (the “Couple”) is responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents prior to travel. The Travel Team, Inc. will attempt to accommodate the Contest winner’s travel dates, but all specifics thereof will be at The Travel Team, Inc. and Sponsor’s discretion. If the Couple cannot comply with these restrictions, this portion of the Grand Prize will be forfeited. The hotel accommodations and airline will be determined at the sole discretion of The Travel Team, Inc. Any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not listed as part of the prize, including, without limitation, luggage fees, souvenirs, miscellaneous hotel expenses, and gratuities are the sole responsibility of the Couple. The Couple is responsible for carrying valid passports. Travel will be provided for the Couple only. Both members of the Couple must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. The Couple agrees to accept The Travel Team, Inc.’s terms and conditions for the trip.
- Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”). Total Grand Prize ARV is twenty-four thousand four hundred and twenty-one dollars ($24,421). Actual value of the Grand Prize or portions of the Grand Prize may vary. If the actual value of the Grand Prize or any portion of the Grand Prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. No additional compensation will be awarded to the Contest winner. Any depictions and/or descriptions of a prize are for illustrative purposes only. The Grand Prize, and any portion of the Grand Prize, is not redeemable for cash and is non-transferable. Portions of the Grand Prize cannot be combined with any other offer. Substitutions can be made at Sponsor’s sole discretion, in which case a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. Grand Prize elements may not be separated by the Contest winner. The specifics of all aforementioned portions of the Grand Prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor and/or its agents. The Grand Prize shall be awarded to the Contest winner without representations or warranties, express or implied. Some restrictions may apply.
- Grand Prize. The Grand Prize, or portions thereof, will be awarded when used, or alternatively, on the day of the Contest winner’s wedding, as identified below. The following prizes will be awarded to the Contest winner on the day of the Contest winner’s wedding: engagement ring and wedding bands; twenty-passenger limousine service; wedding catering for one hundred (100) guests; china and flatware service; photography service; wedding cake and dessert delivery and set-up; and wedding flowers. All other portions of the Grand Prize will be awarded on the day the Contest winner elects to use or redeem such prize.
- Prior Purchases. If the Contest winner shall have purchased, prior to the end of the Submission Period, from the Sponsor or one of the prize suppliers (“Vendors”), a product or service identified or included as part of the Grand Prize (“Purchase”), the Sponsor or Vendor, as applicable, shall refund the value of the Purchase of that product or service, up to the amount identified in Section 8 in place of providing the applicable prize identified above. This Section 8(c) shall not apply to any travel purchases or bookings, or any product or services purchased in connection with any travel purchases or bookings.
- Acceptance. The Contest winner’s acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes the grant of an unconditional right to Sponsor, assigns, agents and Vendors to photograph, film, or otherwise capture the acceptance and use of the Grand Prize and all portions of the Grand Prize for promotional, advertising, commercial or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet and television, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
- Tax. The Contest winner will be solely responsible for all costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with the Grand Prize or the acceptance and use of any element or portion of the Grand Prize that is not specifically addressed above. All federal, state and local taxes on the Grand Prize and on the Contest winner’s acceptance and use of the Grand Prize are the Contest winner’s responsibility. The Contest winner will be required to complete and return a 1099 tax form, and any other applicable tax forms reasonably requested by Sponsor, to Sponsor’s reasonable satisfaction. If the Contest winner fails to return the 1099 or other tax form, the winner forfeits the prize.
- Release. By entering the Contest, all Entrants agree to release and indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Sponsor and any of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, Vendors and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability or cause of action, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity or receipt or ownership or use or misuse of the Grand Prize. The Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Contest and use and/or redemption of the Grand Prize.
- General Conditions. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Entrants agree that the Contest is governed by and subject to New York law without regard to its conflicts of law principles. The exclusive forum for any dispute shall be in federal or state courts located in Erie County, New York. All Laws apply.
- Limitations of Liability. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors these Official Rules, in the printing of the offer, the administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the Grand Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to or alterations of Submission materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or for inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive Submission information by Sponsor or any of the Released Parties on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, then, subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If technical malfunctions or suspicious voting irregularities corrupt the voting process, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award all prizes based solely on the Judges’ discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted on the Contest Website and all eligible Entries received prior to termination will be judged, per these Official Rules. Sponsor and the Released Parties are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the Finalists or potential winner.
- SPONSOR DISQUALIFICATION. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO DISQUALIFY ANY PERSON WHO TAMPERS OR IS SUSPECTED OF TAMPERING WITH THE ENTRY AND/OR VOTING PROCESS. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO DISQUALIFY ALL VOTES FROM VOTERS THAT ARE DEEMED TO BE FRAUDULENT.
- Additional Sponsor Rights. Sponsor reserves the right to make any use, including no use, of any Submission or Finalist Submission and to determine the medium for its exhibition, if any, at any time. Sponsor reserves the right to immediately remove any Submission or Finalist Submission from the Contest Website and any Sponsor or Sponsor-affiliated websites at any time and for any reason. Sponsor has the right to disqualify any Entrant who’s Submission or Finalist Submission is the subject of a legal claim by a third party. ANY REMEDIES THAT ENTRANT MAY HAVE AGAINST SPONSOR OR RELEASED PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE RIGHT TO RECOVER DAMAGES, IF ANY, IN AN ACTION AT LAW, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHT OR REMEDY IN EQUITY, INCLUDING ANY RIGHT TO RESCIND SPONSOR’S RIGHT AND INTEREST IN AND TO THE MATERIALS OR TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE PRODUCTION, MARKETING, PUBLISHING, EXPLOITATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR EXHIBITION OF THE SUBMISSION OR FINALIST SUBMISSION OR ANY OTHER RELATED MATERIALS.
- No Publication Obligation. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any Submission or Finalist Submission, regardless of whether or not it is the Grand Prize-winning Submission, in advertising, merchandising, or promotion, or to otherwise distribute, publicize, or exploit any Submission, regardless of whether or not it is the Grand Prize-winning Submission or Finalist Submission, of, if commenced, to continue the distribution, publication, or exploitation thereof. Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of any Submission or Finalist Submission, regardless of whether or not it is the Grand Prize-winning Submission or Finalist Submission, for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and neither Entrants nor potential winners shall be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
- Posting of the Winner’s Name. The winner will be posted on the Contest Website at www.hitched716.com.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE FROM SPONSOR OR ANY VENDOR WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.